Skip to content
Mee Goreng Mamak Without Prawns
- 6 garlic cloves
- 85 g shallots (approx. 6 shallots)
- 30 g cooking oil
- 2 fresh red chillies, cut in pieces
- 90 g onions, cut in pieces
- 100 g chicken breast fillets, with skin, cut in pieces (2-3 cm) (optional)
- 500 g yellow noodles, room temperature
- 30 g dark soy sauce
- 20 g chilli sauce
- 150 g water (not supplied)
- 50 g fresh chives, cut in 3 cm length
- 50 g fresh mung bean sprouts (taugeh), rinsed with water and drained
- Place garlic cloves and shallots in mixing bowl, chop 5 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add cooking oil, red chillies, onions and chicken, sauté 5 min/120°C//speed 2.
- Add yellow noodles, dark soy sauce, chilli sauce, and water, cook 4 min/Varoma//speed 1.
- Add chives and bean sprouts, cook 1 min/Varoma//speed 1. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve hot.
Hints & Tips
- Chilli sauce recommended in this recipe to be tomato based chilli sauce.
- For healthier version, remove chicken skin before cutting.
- Fresh noodles work best for this recipe. If you use chilled noodles, thaw it in room temperature for 20 minutes, rinse with hot water and drain through Varoma dish before step 3.