Skip to content
Mee Hailam With Prawns
- 3 garlic cloves
- 40 g shallots
- 1 – 2 bird’s eye chillies
- 30 g cooking oil
- 250 g water (not supplied)
- 70 g light soy sauce
- 5 g dark soy sauce
- 1.5 g white pepper powder
- 200 g baby bak choy, horizontally halved, rinsed
- 200 g medium-sized prawns, deshelled
- 300 g squid, cleaned and cut in rings (not supplied)
- 500 g yellow noodles
- 100 g fish cakes, cut in thin slices
- Place garlic cloves, shallots, bird‘s eye chillies in mixing bowl, chop 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add cooking oil, sauté 4 min/120°C/speed 1.
- Add water, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and white pepper powder, cook 4 min/100°C/speed 1.
- Add baby bak choy, prawns, squid, yellow noodles and fish cakes, cook 3 min/Varoma//speed ,. Let it stand for 2 minutes before serving.
Hints & Tips
- Fresh noodles work best for this recipe. If you use chilled noodles, thaw it in room temperature for 20 minutes, blanch in hot water for 1 minute and drain with Varoma dish before step 4.