Skip to content
Nyonya Ayam Pongteh
- 6 garlic cloves
- 60 g shallots
- 40 g cooking oil
- 60 g fermented bean paste (taucu)
- 10 g dark soy sauce
- 20 g light soy sauce
- 10 g palm sugar (gula Melaka), cut in pieces
- 600 g whole chicken leg, with skin and bone, cut in pieces (3-4 cm)
- 3 pieces Russet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 150 g water (not supplied)
- ½ tsp salt, adjust to taste
- 1 pinch white pepper powder
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander leaves, to garnish (not supplied)
- Place garlic cloves and shallots in mixing bowl, chop 5 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add cooking oil, fermented bean paste, dark soy sauce, light soy sauce and palm sugar, sauté 5 min/120°C/speed until palm sugar is completey dissolved.
- Add chicken, potatoes, water, salt and white pepper powder, cook 14 min/100°C//speed . Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.