Skip to content
Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken
- 500 g whole chicken legs (approx. 2 whole chicken legs), with skin and bone, cut in pieces (4-5 cm)
- 10 g fish sauce
- 15 g garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 20 g cooking oil
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass, white part only, cut in pieces
- 50 g shallots (approx. 1 shallot)
- ½ fresh red chilli, deseeded, chopped, to garnish (not supplied)
- Place a bowl on mixing bowl lid, weigh in chicken, fish sauce and garlic cloves. Add curry powder, salt, sugar and dark soy sauce and mix. Marinate for 30 minutes in a cool place or in refrigerator.
- Place cooking oil, lemongrass and shallots in mixing bowl, chop 6 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Sauté 8 min/120°C/speed .
- Add reserved marinated chicken and marinade, stir fry 13 min/120°C//speed . Garnish with chopped red chilli. Serve hot.
Hints & Tips
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
- Patting dry the chicken before marinating helps to make the dish less watery.
- If you use kampung chicken, increase cooking time to 14 minutes in step 4.