With the Thermomix®, you can take your cooking experience to the next level!
Watch how our hosts, Sew Chin and Fiona show you how to elevate the signature dishes from our demo menu, as well as cooking Mala Xiang Guo 麻辣香锅 and Flaky Yam Swirl Mooncakes!
Feel free to cook along with our hosts as they guide you through the complete experience step-by-step.
Mala Xiang Guo 麻辣香锅
- 50 g mala hot infused oil
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 slice ginger
- 1 star anise
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3 dried Szechuan red chili peppers
- 70 g Szechuan spicy bean paste
- 70 g sheet tofu 千叶豆腐, cut into thick slices
- 70 g stem lettuce, sliced
- 50 g tofu skin, soaked and drained
- 100 g lotus root, sliced
- 70 g sausage, sliced
- 100 g fresh shrimp, medium size, optional e.g. prawns
- 50 g enoki mushrooms, cut off the roots
- Salt & pepper, season to taste
- Appropriate amount of fresh coriander, for garnish
- Sliced potato
- rehydrated black fungus
- Sliced celery
- Add the oil, garlic, ginger, anise, cinnamon, dried chilli and bean paste into the mixing bowl, cook for 4min /120°C/speed 1
- Add the sheet tofu, stem lettuce, tofu skin, sliced lotus root, sausage, prawns and mushrooms, sauté for 6min/Varoma/reverse/speed spoon
- Remove from the mixing bowl, garnish and serve hot.
Mala hot infused oil
- 200 g Szechuan dried pepper corns
- 600 g oil
- Add peppercorn and oil into the mixing bowl
- Cook 60min/120c/spoon
- Store in an air tight container and use according to recipe requirements
- The oil stays good for up to 1 month
Please watch the tutorial before attempting this mooncake to ensure you get the hand crafting method correct.
Flaky Yam Swirl Mooncakes
- Yam Paste
- 450g Yam cut into cubes
- 100g Icing sugar
- 80g shallot oil
- 15g Wheat starch
- Optional Yam flavouring for colour and flavour
- Add 500g water into mixing bowl, place yam cubes and pandan leaves in Varoma dish and stack on the lid.
- Steam at 20min/Varoma/Speed 1.
- Discard the water from the mixing bowl. Placed steamed yam cubes, icing sugar, salt, starch and butter into the mixing bowl, mix 30s/Speed 6.
- Cook 20min /95 °C/Speed 3 or until the paste thickens. Stop every 5mins to stir the paste
- Allow to cool. Once the paste is set, roll into balls 30g to 45g each (including salty yolk). Keep them smaller if you prefer bite sized morsels Salted egg yolks Quantity per your preference
- Rinse and bake with sesame oil /or Shao Xing cooking wine coated at 150c for 5 minutes (or steam for 5min)
- Blot the oil off before wrapping into the mooncake paste Ingredients for Flaky Skin Dough
- 300 g Plain flour
- 60 g Icing sugar
- 85 g Butter or shortening (if you want to see nice layers)
- 135 g Water
- 180 g Plain flour
- 30g Sweet Potato Powder* (for purple colouring)
- 140 g Butter or shortening (if you want distinctive layers)
Optional : sesame seeds, toasted melon seeds & salted egg yolk
- Place ingredients A into mixing bowl, knead/2min.
- Rest dough for 10 minutes, divide into 12 servings and roll into round balls.
- Place ingredients B into mixing bowl, blend 20 sec/ speed 2.5.
- Divide into 12 servings and roll into round balls For rainbow colours, divide into 4 (colours) then into 6
Filling : About 50g each excluding the yolk