Beat the heat and treat yourself with some refreshing Gelato using Thermomix®!
Gelato comes from the Italian word for ‘frozen’. Like ice cream, it contains milk, sugar, and other ingredients such as fruit or nuts but it has less cream. There is less fat than regular ice creams and more flavourful to taste.
Homemade Gelato is not only cheaper, you can customise to suit your preference and satisfy your taste buds.
Strawberry almond gelato
- 330 g almond milk
- 200 g coconut cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 80 g honey
- 250 g fresh strawberries, hulled
- Place almond milk, coconut cream, egg yolks and honey into mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 3, then cook 7 min 30 sec/90°C/speed 2. Immediately transfer into ice cube trays and place into freezer overnight or until frozen.
- Place frozen cubes into mixing bowl and blend 40 sec/speed 1-8, increasing speed gradually from speed 1 to speed 8. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add strawberries and blend 30 sec/speed 6.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, then blend for a further 20 sec/speed 6 or until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately or transfer into a freezable container and place into freezer until firm or until ready to serve.
Get Gelato recipes here on Cookidoo®
Strawberry almond gelato https://cookidoo.international/recipes/recipe/en/r122272
Peanut butter gelato https://cookidoo.international/recipes/recipe/en/r105469
Berry Nice Gelato https://cookidoo.international/recipes/recipe/en/r370721
Chocolate and Hazelnut Gelato https://cookidoo.international/recipes/recipe/en/r245102