Try out this loaf of rich and tangy Lemon Drizzle Cake with Thermomix®!
Loaf cakes are affordable to make as well as they are great for sharing too! Homemade gifts are truly special with time, effort and care put into making them.
With Thermomix®, cooking is made easy, fuss-free and convenient!
Lemon Drizzle Cake
- 2 lemons, thin peelings of skin and juice (approx. 80 g)
- 300 g caster sugar
- 175 g unsalted butter, soft
- 3 large eggs
- 175 g self-raising flour
- 20 g milk
- Preheat oven to 170°C and line a loaf tin (900 g/2 lb) with baking paper.
- Place lemon peel and 50 g sugar in mixing bowl then grate 10 sec/speed 10. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula then grate again 10 sec/speed 10. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add 125 g sugar, butter and eggs then mix 20 sec/speed 5.
- Add flour and milk then mix 15 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula then mix again 15 sec/speed 5. Transfer batter to prepared tin and bake for 45-50 minutes (180°C) until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean (see tip). Meanwhile, clean mixing bowl.
- Leave cake to rest for 10 minutes in tin while preparing lemon drizzle.
- Place remaining 125 g sugar and lemon juice in mixing bowl then grind 8 sec/speed 8.
- While cake is still warm, prick deeply with a skewer. Remove from tin and transfer to a plate then pour glaze over the top allowing it to seep in and run down sides.
- Leave to cool completely before cutting in slices to serve.
Explore other Loaf Cake variations on Cookidoo®
Lemon Drizzle Cake https://cookidoo.international/recipes/recipe/en/r106037
Mini Apple Loaf Cakes https://cookidoo.international/recipes/recipe/en/r124775
Chocolate Chip Cake https://cookidoo.international/recipes/recipe/en/r123555
Cherry and peach loaf https://cookidoo.international/recipes/recipe/en/r757070
Milk Chocolate and Banana Cake https://cookidoo.international/recipes/recipe/en/r133853
Kek Pisang Lembab (Moist Banana Cake) https://cookidoo.international/recipes/recipe/en/r223841